Join a world leader with a great culture and team environment!
If you are passionate about science, technology, developing life changing medical devices, enjoy a challenge, and looking for a change in location, then this is the opportunity for you!
Ellex Medical, part of the global LUMIBIRD Medical Group, are a high-tech, ophthalmic medical device company with more than 30 years of success in developing and marketing new technologies. We design, manufacture and market a premium line of equipment to diagnose and treat a range of eye diseases. Our R&D and state of the art manufacturing facilities are in Mawson Lakes (Adelaide, South Australia), Slovenia and across France. Our technologies and products are world class and used in clinics and hospitals throughout the world.
Located in Adelaide Australia, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced electronics engineer. Working alongside other highly skilled engineers, you will design and development medical devices, with a speciality in electronics. You will have a focus on product design and the associated electronics, including circuit design, simulation, electrical safety, and EMC/EMI conformance.
- Working with stakeholders to define new products and document the requirements for use by the design team.
- Lead and develop design solutions to satisfy the product requirements.
- Product level verification and validation.
- Manage portions of the design process.
- Create detailed technical specifications for electronic designs sufficient to support the development of electronic, optical, mechanical and software design activities and to support subcontracting of design activities.
- Undertake analysis and design of electrical and electronic circuits as part of a project team, including numerical, tolerance and variation analysis, modelling, prototyping, simulation with such tools as Spice and trade-off analysis.
- Create test and verification plans and procedures in support of design qualification and production testing relating to electronic assemblies and systems.
- Conduct technical design reviews.
- Coordination of technical staff within the electrical and electronic discipline towards achieving the project goals - particularly quality, schedule and cost of goods.
- Ensure technical integrity of controlled documents, drawings, design history files and technical files in accordance with established design control procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Knowledge and proficiency in the design of both analogue and digital, opto-electronic, and electro-mechanical circuits is essential.
- Experience with design of complete systems and the design of modules requiring integration within a system is essential.
- Experience with communication interfaces such as USB, Ethernet, RS232 & RS485.
- Hands-on experience with electrical safety and EMC/EMI standards, pre-compliance testing and working together with compliance test facilities is essential.
- Proven experience as a team leader or a technical specialist with a go-getter attitude.
- Hands-on experience in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, analysers and specialised test equipment.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in the selection of components, PCB assembly and design for manufacture is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the use of Altium Designer and the Altium 365 electronics product design platform is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the use of circuit simulation tools such as Spice is essential.
- Experience in electro-optical or medical applications and knowledge of software and hardware interaction and the implementation thereof would be a distinct advantage
- English fluent speaker
Ellex Medical has an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are located in Technology Park Adelaide, surrounded by a number of high technology companies and industry leaders. We offer a collaborative team environment, attractive remuneration package and are willing to support your relocation.